Skin Cancer Screening Nurse Vacancy
£40,000 pa plus bonus of £300 pm approx.
About The MOLE Clinic:
Established in 2003, we are an award-winning independent clinic committed to providing the highest quality skin cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment for our patients. We are recognised by BUPA and all leading insurers, delivering an unparalleled patient experience and continuously improving best practice.
Our clinical team consist of screening nurses, specialist GPs, consultant surgeons and consultant dermatologists and we have clinics at Oxford Circus, Bank/Moorgate, Harrods & Canary Wharf.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated team to deliver a high standard of care to patients in a caring and supportive environment. We also offer a rewarding environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will be a caring and compassionate professional with at least 4 years post qualifying experience. You will be a first class communicator, enthusiastic, ambitious and eager to learn new skills and with an excellent eye for detail.
About the role:
You will work as part of the multi disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to patients. The role involves screening patients for suspect skin lesions and supporting consultants with minor ops. Previous experience of dermatology is an advantage but not required as full training and supervision is provided. Previous experience of supporting minor ops is preferred.
Hours are 40 hours per week, either 8am to 5pm or 10am to 7pm, Monday to Friday with a short Saturday shift no more than once per month.
The role is based mainly at our Oxford Circus and Bank/Moorgate clinics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure provision of high standards of care for patients.
- Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competancies and NMC Code.
- Enhance quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient’s needs.
- Ensure compliance with Clinic Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
- Work in accordance with the Clinic Plan to assist in meeting the Clinic Objectives.
- Act as patient advocate at all times.